We run many trips to both local and national music events and go to a West End musical at least once a year.
Usually these trips involve GCSE and A level musicians and musicians but sometimes lower school will go en masse as a year group.
The Sixth Form A level classes will attend at least one Classical concert a year, usually at The Royal Albert Hall or the Royal Festival Hall.
We also like to go a prom in the summer, some of which will feature ex musicians from the school.
We are looking forward to the rebuild of the Marlowe Theatre Canterbury which will bring many visiting orchestras and musicals almost to our doorstep.
Some GCSE students on a trip to the Lion King
Other trips have taken place in recent years include:
- The musical Wicked at Apollo Victoria
- ‘Film Spectacular’ by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra at the Royal Albert Hall
- The musical Chicago in the West End
- Sheherazade and Tchiakovsky’s Piano Concerto No 1 at the Royal Festival Hall
- The musical Blood Brothers in the West End
- Royal Engineers Band at the Gulbenkian
- The musical Les Miserables in the West End
- School’s Prom at the Royal Albert Hall