Thomas - Sharman
Arthur Lewis Thomas
- Educated at St. John’s College, Oxford
- He was one of the first five teachers of the Ramsgate County School (which was situated on the Clarendon House site)
- He taught Classics, Games and Music
- He was killed in action in WW1
Helen Sharman, born 30 May 1963
- Sharman was selected to travel into space on 25 November 1989, beating 13,000 applicants, after responding to a radio advertisement asking for applicants to be the first British astronaut
- The mission was known as Project Juno
- She was awarded an OBE in 1993
- She then become a lecturer and broadcaster on science education.
Click here for Lower School house information and here for Upper School house information.
Charity: The Pilgrims Hospice
Everyone at Pilgrims Hospices is dedicated to ensuring people living with a terminal illness can access the quality care and comfort they deserve, when and where they want it. TS have chosen this local charity to support as they support and help so many people in the community. We are proud to work with them and are happy to have raised so much during our charity week to help support those that really need it.