About the School
Our school exists to identify and develop the full potential of each student, to equip them with the skills and the qualifications they need to achieve their ambition, whatever that may be. We have a very strong track record of examination success at GCSE and Advanced Level, and a high proportion of our students go on to Higher Education, usually securing places at their first choice university.
Chatham & Clarendon Grammar School provides a co-educational learning environment yet retaining a substantial core of single-sex teaching on three sites offering:
- Single-sex teaching throughout Key Stage 3 and in the GCSE core subjects, mixed teaching in the GCSE option subjects and throughout the Sixth Form.
- A large and highly successful mixed Sixth Form with its own dedicated facilities, and an excellent track record of promoting student achievement and progression to university and college.
- A strong ethos of individual pastoral care and participation in extra-curricular activities, based on a shared House system.
- The benefits of 'small school' organisation combined with the advantages of 'large school' curriculum choice and breadth:
Lower School (Years 7-8-9) are based on the Chatham House site
Upper School (Years 10-11) are based on the Clarendon House site
Sixth Form (Years 12-13) have a dedicated centre in Cavendish Street
- A balance of tradition and modernity.