• ClarendonHouseBanner

Clarendon House

The school first opened in 1905. It was located on the first floor of the old Ramsgate Police Station.

There were just two teachers – the Merriman sisters and 50 girls. Right up until the 1980’s girls could be awarded deportment girdles for walking nicely!! Today there are over 800 students in the school and between a quarter and a third of the Sixth Form each year are boys.

There are over 50 staff and the school is spread over five sites: the main building, the Science block, the Red House which houses the Technology block, the Social Sciences block, a recently refurbished Library swimming pool and netball courts, the Arts Centre and the school field.

clsoldschool