- You are here:
- Sixth Form
- Admissions to Sixth Form
Admissions to Sixth Form
To study 4 AS Levels in Year 12 we require:
- at least 5 B grade passes at GCSE (double BTech counts as 1GCSE only; quadruple BTech counts as 2)
To study a double Level 3 Vocational course plus 2 AS Levels we require:
- at least 2 grade B passes and 3 C grade passes at GCSE.
- For either of the programmes above the following requirements apply:
- B grades must be achieved in those subjects being chosen, where relevant.
- To count, a BTech must be related to the AS Levels chosen
- To study AS Level Mathematics an A grade is required at GCSE Higher Level.
- Students need to have at least C grades in both GCSE English Language and Mathematics.
- Core Science is not counted. Grades for individual sciences and/or Additional Science are counted.
- BTech Science does not allow a candidate to access Biology, Human Biology, Chemistry or Physics at AS level. However, these candidates can be considered for Applied Science AS level.
How To Apply
- You must visit www.kentchoice s4U. com, and then follow the application process online. If you are unsure of the procedure please contact the Head of Year 11 or Careers Teacher in your school.
- We require applications to be made by February 15th 2013. After this date applications will be late, but could be considered if numbers allow.
- Your application will be acknowledged and students from other schools will be invited to visit the Federation and discuss their application with CCVI staff.
- Students in Year 11 at Chatham and Clarendon Grammar School will be interviewed as a matter of course by Mr Fenner, Guidance and Career’s Manager.
If you are a current Year 11 student at this school and you wish to apply to study at the Federation Sixth Form in September, please note:
- You are not required to provide a personal statement-simply enter a full-stop in this section.
- You do not need to provide details of your academic qualifications (we know these already!)
- If you have lost or forgotten your unlock code, Mr Fenner has duplicate copies.
Further individual enquiries can be emailed to Mr Moody at email@example.com or you can phone him on 01843 854841.